Been a while since I updated my blog, but things have started progressing again. Finally started work on the exterior again. I bought some cedar shakes at the beginning of the project, but had decided not to use them. I changed my mind, and I'm glad! It took a lot of cutting, but I finished the southern gable end with them, and we're very pleased.
I used a concrete based material for the trim, and was going to use a Hardie Plank type of concrete siding, but after looking at the product (and picking up each 32lb piece), I decided to just go with wood. It's easier to cut, is far lighter, and considering how small it is, it's not going to require a lot of maintenance.
Once the exterior is done, there's still a lot to do, but it will feel much closer to finished. I think I'm going to build a small overhang on the entry porch to keep the floormat dry, and so that there is a place to pause in case it's raining.