This has been a good week of progress, so far. Last week, I finished most of the sheathing on the exterior walls. I made the rest of the rafters, and installed most of them Friday, right before it got dark, and right before it was supposed to start raining. I was able to secure a couple of tarps over the rafters and avoided getting the inside wet, for the most part.
This week, I've had the help of a good friend who is home from college for the holidays. It has been perfect timing, as putting up roof sheathing is definitely a two-person job. We have concentrated on that the last few days, and just finished getting it all down today. We added a dormer window, which I think adds a nice element to the otherwise boring left side.
Today, we put in the 4,000th nail since starting the project. I rarely start a job with fresh boxes of nails, but we did on this one, and between framing nails and sheathing nails, we hit the mark, and still have another 500-600 more to shoot! There's still a lot to do, but once the front end is sheathed, and the metal roof installed, we'll have a weather-tight shell to work in when/if the weather turns bad.